Kevin Hart has been named the highest-paid comedian in the world, brining to an end the nine-year reign of Jerry Seinfeld.
Through his TV/film appearances and his stand-up stadium tours Hart has earned a rather tidy sum of $87.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016, according to Forbes.
That figure pushes Jerry Seinfeld down into second place, with the veteran comic earning $43.5 million, about half of what Hart earned in the same period.
The past year has been a busy one for Hart. The comedian has starred in several high-earning comedies, including The Secret Life of Pets and Central Intelligence.
In addition, he’s also been touring with his stand-up show entitled What Now? That tour finished in August.
The Forbes rich list was also notable for including Amy Schumer in at number 4, the first woman to appear on the annually published rundown.
The full Kevin Hart led list of rich stand-ups is:
- Kevin Hart — $87.5 million
- Jerry Seinfeld — $43.5 million
- Terry Fator — $21 million
- Amy Schumer — $17 million
- Jeff Dunham — $13.5 million
- Dave Chappelle — $13 million
- Jim Gaffigan — $12.5 million
- Gabriel Iglesias — $9.5 million
- Russell Peters — $9 million
- John Bishop — $7 million
Loaded digital reporter Oli Palmer has been writing about film/TV since 2013. Follow Oli on Twitter at @olipalmer