Die Hard isn’t just a great Christmas movie, it’s possibly one of the best action flicks of all time and also the perfect film to get more than a little tipsy to.
It tells the simple story of an off-duty New York police officer forced to become a one-man vigilante against an army of terrorists who take hostages at an ordinary office Christmas party held in Nakatomi Plaza on Christmas Eve of all days.
That man just so happens to be John McClane (Bruce Willis) who proceeds to wage war and wise cracks against Alan Rickman’s Hans Gruber and a whole host of assembled German goons.
It’s a movie you’ve probably seen countless times but one that is given a whole new dimension the moment alcohol gets involved.
So take off those shoes and socks, rub your feet into the carpet for a couple of minutes and then get ready to crack open a few cold ones for the Die Hard drinking game. Welcome to the party, pal!
What you’ll need:
- One copy of Die Hard on Blu-ray, DVD or via streaming.
- Two big bottles of a spirit of your choice or 18 cans of a beer (any kind).
Drink once every time:
- When anyone says “McClane”.
- If a walkie-talkie or radio is used to communicate.
- When you see the Nakatomi logo.
- Every time a gun is fired.
- When you see Christmas decorations.
- You can see a wide shot of Nakatomi Tower.
- When you see a computer monitor or TV screen.
Drink twice every time:
- McClane is heard talking to himself.
- You hear someone say “cowboy”.
- McClane referrs to someone has “asshole” or “dickhead”.
- Someone says “Gennaro”.
- There’s an explosion.
- Whenever anyone says “Nakatomi”.
- McClane kills someone.
Drink three times when:
- Anytime someone references Christmas.
- When someone says “Yippe-ki-yay, motherfucker”.
If you enjoy this drinking game, then why not try our Home Alone drinking game – it’s a blast!